Monday, February 28, 2005

ego - less...

Post for this week - I'm still feeling there's a problem with blogging - I think I'm uncomfortable with the ego-ness of it all? 

It's all about me... 

I know that adds up in terms of customer segmentation - the market experience - "it's all about personalisation" etc etc. 

Consumer choices - on demand services - Sky Plus - designer babies - you name it we can create a personal experience... 

It just doesn't feel right somehow. At a basic human level? 

Maybe you can just go to far towards a personal utopia and then it seems indulgent? 

I think I'm still searching for the right tone of voice some of the other voices that I've seen/heard are getting a bit monotonous.

2 Comments:

|
Blogger Me said...

I'd say a lot of people love to read other people's diaries. I've had my personal journal, hand written, rifled thru on various occasions by people who are so bloody nosey they can't resist, and then of course get POd when they read something about them! Ha!

What is so great about blogging is that you can do it very anonymously, you can be whomever you wish to be, and you can espouse whatever cause you so wish, whether or not you personally, in your real life, would actually do so.

Anyhow, what is a diary, or a journal if you want to be snobbish about it, other than a collection of thoughts. Same thing as a blog I'd say.

So don't worry about how egotistical it may or may not be, say whatever comes to mind.

Happy blogging!

7:17 pm  
Blogger NonstopExpress said...

As many people in my family are fond of saying:

"If they can't take a joke, fuck' em."

Write what you believe. If you're not an insecure egomaniac your blog won't be insecurely egomaniacal.

Let the chips fall. Most people of any intelligence will understand.

6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home